Monday, December 15, 2008

Are you this awesome in a velvet skirt?

My first order of MFT stamps arrived today! Very exciting! So...I decided to create this card for the MFT Sketch Challenge (MFTSC60) that runs until tonight at midnight. My Wübē paper was still out and since I like the colours for the MFT's Who's That Girl Challenge (MFTWTG14) so much, part of my work was already done. I added green to the blue, brown and white combination.

Where's the velvet?--I stamped the image on green patterned paper and white card stock, cut out the sofa and skirt pieces, then added white flock to the skirt for texture. The rest of my E-Girl is coloured in copics. I used my Fiskars scalloped edge punch and found that the holes were perfect for these matte finish brads that tie in with the white skirt and sentiment panel. I haven't used my slit punch for awhile, so I thought it was time--it was always a favourite. I ran the soft sky panel through my cuttlebug 'circles and spots' (not sure what the name is) embossing folder. The rest is all layers of blue bayou, chocolate chip and the Bohemia lime green paper from MME.

Stamps: Who's That E-Girl?, My Favorite Things
Ink: Adirondack dye ink in espresso; SU close to cocoa classic ink
Paper: Gina K 120lb Pure Luxury cardstock; SU chocolate chip, close to cocoa, soft sky, and blue bayou (flat and textured) cardstock; Rhythm n Blues Waves, Wübē; Bohemia Backyard "Just Be You" Stripe/Lime, mme
Other: lily white flock, crushed velvet; nestabilities circles/scallops; SU slit punch; Fiskars scalloped edge punch; SU kiwi kiss satin ribbon; sponge; circles and dots cuttlebug embossing folder; matte finish brads, Lasting Impressions; pop dots; copics: E01, W3, Colorless blender filled with B00 ink, W7, E29

2 comments:

Karen Motz said...

Another stunner! Green adds a really nice twist to the original combo. Is she emailing her friend in Boston? :)

Dana White said...

Maybe a friend in Calgary? It's another amazing card Nancy