Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Dashing

Today's colour challenge (CC196) on Splitcoast is fabulous for Christmas! I found that Basic Grey's Dasher paper from the Blitzen collection was perfect for this colour combo and together with the Winter Post stamp set. I used my SU Stampin' Write markers to highlight parts of the snowflake and the post mark, which are both popped out with dimensionals. Since my rectangular nestabilities aren't long enough to give me a border the length of my card, I used the long edges and pieced them together--the snowflake embellishment is hiding the seam. I cut and embossed the circles with my nesties. I should have stopped there! Unfortunately my stickles in xmas red were calling and I goofed at the very last minute.
Stamps: Winter Post, SU
Ink: SU sage shadow and chocolate chip; SU stampin' write markers in taken with teal and real red
Paper: SU whisper white, taken with teal, riding hood red and sage shadow; Blitzen Dasher, Basic Grey
Other: circle and rectangle/scallop nestabilities; SU ticket corner punch; SU riding hood red taffeta ribbon; aged copper hodgepodge brads; dimensionals; cuttlebug swirls embossing folder

1 comment:

Karen Motz said...

I love your card. it looks fabulous!!! And so smart creating the long scallop border by piecing two nesties together. :)