Friday, December 12, 2008

Half dressed

I like the ‘half-baked challenge’ (WT196) on Splitcoast for this week and immediately thought of the little sneak peak teasers for the Papertrey Ink releases. I rummaged through my stash of old scrapbooking supplies and found this embossed ‘chick’ paper, which combines well with these images from Inkadinkado. The card and techniques are quite simple: I coloured the images with copics; cut and embossed with my circle/scallop nesties; embossed the white background panel with my 'swiss dots' and the kiwi kiss panel with my 'stylized flowers' cuttlebug folders; and followed Wednesday’s sketch (SC206). I was trying to just show enough of the images and text to allow whoever’s looking to fill in the rest, but my teasers are a little obvious.

I thought I'd also show you the original project behind this fabulous embossed pattered paper. When I was teaching scrapbooking and stamping classes at Cherished Scrapbooks, a local scrapbook store in the Oakville/Mississauga area, I created this canvas for our wall of instructors and staff. This was years ago as my little guy Henri was just a baby and Karen worked there too, but I still love the paper and colours today.

Stamps: dress/purse/shoe from Inkadinkado set
Ink: Memento tuxedo black
Paper: SU groovy guava, kiwi kiss, tangerine tango and whisper white textured; Gina K pure luxury 120lb cardstock; 'chick' paper, unknown
Other: circle/scallop nestabilities; SU celery and olive organdy and SU black grosgrain ribbon
Copics:





1 comment:

Karen Motz said...

Nancy, your card's awesome! I can't believe how perfect that paper is. And you got a lot of challenges into that one card too.
I love the canvass of you and Henri too!
miss you!