Monday, December 1, 2008

Little Happy Snowman

I case'd Tessa Wise's Snowy Trees Card layout and colour scheme with this one. Love her wintery designs! This cute little snowman is from a Sunshine Design cube. I coloured his scarf and mittens, nose and shadows with copics. The edge of the top layer of SU bashful blue is torn and highlighted with Stickles. To reduce the layers, I went around the nesties scallop edge with my copic green (I know, that's very specific!). A little paper piercing, scoring with Scor Pal and rounded corners. This layout is so simple, but it's the offset focal image that makes it, I think.


Stamps: snowman, Sunshine Design; Many Merry Messages, Stampin' UP!
Ink: Adirondack dye ink in espresso, copics (I will get better at recording the colours...)
Paper: SU Ski Slope Designer Series paper; SU river rock, old olive, soft sky and whisper white cardstock
Other: Coluzzle; scallop and circle nestabilities; SU mat pack (paper piercing kit); soft sky double-stitched ribbon; stickles

2 comments:

Karen Motz said...

Nancy, this card is adorable! I love the torn blue snow, the stickles and you're right...the off set image rocks!

Anonymous said...

Just stumbled upon your blog. I love your style, color combos and cute cards. I'll be back often to see what you are up to. Happy Holidays.... Lois