Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Karen gave me an idea

Well, actually, Karen gives me lots of ideas. But when I saw her Snow Swirled card for last week's sketch challenge (SC205), I saw the light at the end of my "got to make over 50 Christmas cards" tunnel. I'm determined to combine our family photos with a hand-made creation, but my original design is somewhat time-consuming! Karen's is gorgeous, of course, so why am I bothering to post something that so closely case's hers?


Mine is simplified without the paper piercing and expensive brads. Remember, I’m trying to make over 50 cards here! I used my big note die to cut both the photo and the frame, then trimmed the outer scored edge from the photo. For some, I sanded the edge of the photo to give a distressed look, but I've found that sometimes depending on the developer (I just print online to Costco.ca) and the colour near the edge of the photo, the sanding can reveal a red tinge. This is usually yukky, but it worked with the Christmas theme and colours. In the end, my card actually follows SC120 more closely.

Stamps: none
Ink: none
Paper: SU very vanilla, chocolate chip, baja breeze and Ski Slope DP
Other: Big Shot 'Big Note' die (SU/Sizzix); very vanilla and red riding hood taffeta ribbon; hodgepodge and brads; SU ticket corner punch; photos by Kelly Wilk Photography

1 comment:

Karen Motz said...

I love it Nancy! You flatter me too much though. I get plenty of inspiration from you! :)