Sunday, April 26, 2009

Rain or Shine

Two posts in one night...unbelievable! I thought I'd add a card I made for my daughter Morgana this week 'just because.' Whether it's raining or not, Morgana usually comes and goes with a smile. I'm waiting for the teenage years around the corner though and I want her to know that I love her, even when I seem a little stormy. I was heavily inspired by Dawn McVey's creative talents with this one...

I don't yet have her/PaperTrey Ink's Scattered Showers umbrella set, but since I planned on paper piecing, I just created my own umbrella in Adobe Illustrator and printed directly on my patterned paper. I flipped Dawn's layout and gave the focal image a little turn. I think Dawn's use of the SU Big Note die in the back really motivated me. As a once-upon-a-time English teacher, I'm thrilled that my daughter's first crush is a fictional character--Edward Cullen--and that no one else really measures up 'right now.'


I found sheet music for Bella's Lullaby on the internet, reduced the size in Illustrator and printed it for the background. I thought Morgana might just keep this card close to her if it captured her current interest.

~Nancy






Stamps: none
Ink: SU baja breeze and blue bayou classic and reinkers
Paper: Gina K 120lb Pure Luxury cardstock, SU baja breeze and DP, other paper from paper pack from Micheal's (ask me about it if you really care...)
Other: Prima flower painted with aquapainter and kiwi kiss and blue bayou reinkers; sponge; Big Shot 'Big Note' die (SU/Sizzix); celery organdy ribbon; SU corner rounder and label punches; EK Success (?) border punch; sheet music,
www.abcmusic.net

4 comments:

Dana White said...

Nancy it's fantastic & Morgana has very good tastes in the boy department :)

Karen Motz said...

Another awesome card Nancy...I'm sure Morgana will cherish it. :)

Regan said...

wow- totally gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Love it...that set rocks hey!