Saturday, May 23, 2009

Dazzling Kenya for a girl's birthday

I managed to get a challenge done and a birthday card done a day in advance (or at least one sleep) and it’s only just past midnight!!! This week Stamping Bella is the sponsor over at Card Positioning System for sketch CPS116. Love this sketch!

I picked up quite a few things on my recent first visit to Bella land and Kenya KETTO was on the list. I stamped her in Memento Tuxedo Black on Gina K pure luxury 120lb cardstock and coloured her with copics, then cut her with my rectangular nesties and layered her on a rose red scalloped panel and then again on basic black. I pulled out some Marigold Morning from my stash (I love this colour and wish it would come back) and embossed the top part of the bottom panel with my Cuttlebug snowflake folder—yes, snowflakes. I thought the part that I’m showing on the card looked like Kenya’s sparkles. To create something a little different for the bottom border, I stamped a row of small circle shadows in soft sky on soft sky cardstock and then stamped Kenya’s small sparkle in Momento Tuxedo black. I added Kaiser scrapbook pearls in plum to the centres. The patterned panel is basic grey lime rickey liquid candy. What a great name! I used the lighter, layered cardstock that just arrived from Gina K for the actual card. Finally, I applied sakura quickie glue and decoart glamour dust to give Kenya the dazzle she deserves.

Thanks for looking...
~Nancy

2 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

I love her and I so love the colors you picked! Great use of that CPS sketch.

Debbie Pamment said...

Love this Ketto - love them all actually - LOL. The colours and DPs suit her quirkiness - gorgeous card.
xXx