Monday, May 4, 2009

More fun with Unity stamps

I've tried to keep up with some of the anniversary challenges Unity is posting on Splitcoast to celebrate their anniversary. For this one I needed to work with the acronym FIRST for Unity's first birthday.
F is for Flowers
I is for Insect
R is for Ribbon (which I almost forgot)
S is for Scallops
T is for Turquoise or Teal

What fun! This pushed me to add a few more flowers than I normally would. The butterfly image is from the April kit of the month. I coloured the butterflies and stems with SU markers, then huffed and puffed...it needed a little more so I added some detail with my SU chocolate chip marker and some 'glamour dust.' Insects and turquoise covered. The frame, which has built in scallops, is also from the April kit of the month. I just trimmed out the inner frame with fine-point scissors. I die-cut both this and the chocolate chip scalloped mat with rectangular nestabilities. The fabulous patterned paper also counts for scallops and colour, I think. I picked up the Primas at Stamping Bella recently and also pulled out some SU felt flowers and crystal brads.

No comments: