Monday, October 26, 2009

fabric friend

Today I'm playing along with Viva la Verve! October Week 3 {10/16/09} over on Splitcoast and plan to catch up on the other three challenges this week. The twist to the sketch was to use fabric, real or faux, on our cards. Since my recent manly kilt was both faux and fur, I thought I'd raid my Amy Butler (there's that name again) fabric stash. I think this is the first time I've used my SU simple friendships set. The mauve/pink colour in the fabric is hard to pinpoint but I stamped the butterfly on PTI lavender moon and matted the fabric and focal piece with Gina K pure luxury chocolate and PTI aqua mist. The ribbon is actually Martha Stewart 1/2" craft seam binding in pink sand. Instead of using the three embellishments in the sketch, I added Bella baubles to the corners on the focal panel. I was going to add them to the scalloped border too but enough is enough...
Thanks for looking!
~Nancy

No comments: