Thursday, April 8, 2010

More CreativiTEA

Although I'm not part of sneak peeks today, I do have two cards using CreativiTEA and Miniature Motifs, new Whimsical Wishes sets now available at Taylored Expressions. My first card is quite simple and uses one of the patterns from Miniature Motifs to create the pink patterned paper for the border and teapot. My layout and use of buttons was inspired by Becky Oehler's Compose a Card inspiration. For fun, I threaded rustic thread through the sentiment and nestie frame to create the look of a tea bag.



My second card is my favourite. Love the Eleanor Roosevelt quote "a woman is like a tea bag...you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water," which I actually just created for the card and printed it before stamping the teacup image twice (once on the sentiment panel and then on textured cardstock) for paper piecing. The teabag is coloured with copics and prismacolors. Sorry to tease, but don't you love that sentiment?! The polka dotted paper is once again from We R Memory Keepers.



Thanks for looking!
~Nancy

4 comments:

jjcreations said...

Great cards Nancy - I love the polka dots and the holey punch!!!!

Donna Baker said...

great cards, Nancy! I love that saying about women & hot water! your cards from yesterday rocked too! You are so talented, my friend! Hey - your tree is exactly like the one I posted last week, check out my monkey from Beary Special! http://www.serenityinstamping.com/2010/04/happy-easter-to-one-of-my-favorite.html

Alex Maldonado said...

Nancy!!

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful cards and your beautiful designs!! I am so in awe of your talents!! Hugs!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

OH I LOVE these, Nancy! Adorable!