Sunday, October 31, 2010

Off to Disney!

Henri was granted a wish through the Starlight Foundation two years ago when he had his bone marrow transplant. The time has finally arrived and tomorrow we take off for Disney, Universal Studios, Sea World and a very special village called Give the Kids the World, coincidentally founded by Henri Landwirth. Our Henri is cured of his immune disease and healthy, so our experience will be very different than two years ago. We can't wait!! For Disney, I created autograph books for Henri and the twins and thought I'd share them with you...












I created the covers with some chipboard; cardstock; and my computer, Silhouette SD and sewing machine; and had the books bound at a local print shop (I don't have a Cinch, which probably would have been just the thing for this project!). I created the black border with dots and mickey ears with my Silhouette. If anyone is interested in this cut file, just let me know...leave your email in a comment and I'll send it to you when I return. The character bottle buttons are from Michael's. I think we're in for some real fun at Disney!

Thanks for looking...
~Nancy

5 comments:

Jo said...

Have fun!! Love the autograph books! My daughter loved getting all the autographs!

Carolina said...

Hope you all have an amazing time!!!

Wished I lived closer...it would have been great to meet up for drinks!

Karen Motz said...

These books are amazing and the kids will love filling them up with autographs. Have a WONDERFUL time at Disney!!!!!!!

Melissa Sauls said...

Those books absolutely ROCK! I hope you guys had a wonderful time here in the states and that the kids enjoyed the trip to it's fullest!

Cynthia H. said...

Such a cool design. Just came across this as I am planning for our first trip to Disney for my son's 4th birthday in Dec. Am a scrapbooker/crafter/cardmaker by nature so I just have to make our own books instead of buy them. Would love to have the cut file for the mickey heads and dots if you still hae it. Thanks. meercat13@hotmail.com