Friday, June 3, 2011

Release Day for June at Taylored Expressions!



It's release day at Taylored Expressions and I have three cards to share using Whimsical Wishes stamps and new goodies available today in store. I'll start with my favourite...




I've stamped the sandcastle, umbrella and 'Enjoy' sentiment from A Day in Paradise in Momento tuxedo black ink, coloured the image with copics and prismacolors, and paper pieced the umbrella. I've embossed the pink panel with the new Woodgrain Impression Plate but I don't think the photo clearly shows the texture.


Next up, I wanted to play with Michelle Zindorf's style but sponged instead of using a brayer. 




I stamped the sailboat from A Day in Paradise in Brilliance ink and embossed with clear detail powder then went over the areas I wanted to remain white with my versamarker and embossed again. Holding a sticky note in place for the horizon, I sponged with SU melon mambo, Worn Lipstick and Spiced Marmalade distressed inks, and finally, SU baja breeze and pacific point. Then I flipped the sticky note and repeated the same colours in the opposite direction. I need to work on this technique but my son Aidan loved this card! The borders are cut with the new Waves Border Die and the Large Scallop Border Die.


And finally, when I was designing the new Chicken Wire Impression Plate, I thought immediately of the Whimsical Wishes set Favorite Peeps




I've embossed the pink panel with the new Chicken Wire Impression Plate, and stamped the chick from Favorite Peeps and the sentiment from Chillax. The zig zag border is what you get when you cut with the Heart Border Die (thanks for the tip, Karen and Jodi!)


Can't wait to see the Baker's Dozen's creations today!

Guest Designer Amber Hight

Thanks for stopping by!
~Nancy

7 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

I just LOVE these Nancy! That first card has to be my fav though! LOVE!

Karen Giron said...

I am in love with your pink sand castle card! WOW! and the sail boat in the sunset?? It's just dreamy!!!

Natalie said...

Your cards are delightful as always!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

These cards are all wonderful!!! tfs! -Sam :-)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

These are just adorable, Nancy! I love each of them!

Mrs Mac said...

What wonderful, fresh cards!! I love the retirement one, the waves effect is great.

I shall have to bookmark you and come back!!!

Danielle L. said...

Oh wowee Nancy! I'm loving all of your samples for the release (and of course I LOVE the stamp sets you illustrated too)! The pink beach card is scrumptious!